Quickbooks “The File Exists” Error Resolved [5 New Methods]
Quickbooks is one of the most favorite tools of small business owners; whether you have run a home based bakery, a commercial cleaning business, or offering professional services, Quickbooks covers all types of businesses.
Just like other software, Quickbooks is prone to errors, but the errors can be resolved if proper methods are followed. In this article, we are going to talk about Quickbooks “The File Exists error”.
A user can encounter such errors while performing the different operations on Quickbooks like downloading or updating payroll, printing a folder, or more. Different reasons can contribute to this error like if the user has not updated the Quickbooks application or even if the Quickbooks is not installed properly.
All the reasons are discussed in the article. Check out the full article to know more.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error
- The Quickbooks application has faulty installation.
- The firewall installed on the system is outdated.
- Internet settings are wrongly configured.
- User account control is enabled on the system.
- Also, if the user does not have proper permissions, the error is common.
- Internet connection is inactive on the system.
Methods to Fix the Quickbooks “The File Exists” Error
Now that we have explained to you why you can face the error, here are all the methods that you can use to fix the error. It is a must to follow the methods in the same way as mentioned to carry out the process easily.
Method 1: Verify Quickbooks is Updated
It is important to update Quickbooks from time to time to make sure that it functions correctly. So, the very first method that we recommend you to follow to fix the QuickBooks the Windows error was the file exists. Complete the process according to the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to start Quickbooks desktop on the system and then click on the help menu. Now, under the help menu, you need to click on the product information option.
- When done, you will have to select the year and version of the software that you are using.
- Also, you will have to click on the search option and then choose the option to get the latest update option.
- After this, you will have to find the related files and then save all the files on the desktop.
- Next, you will have to wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, you will have to start the installation and then complete the process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- When it is done, you will have to restart the system and then check if the error persists.
Method 2: Allow Full User Control to the User
The next method that we will suggest to you is to allocate full user access to the user. This method may help you to fix the file exists error if you are facing the error because of improper permissions to the user. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- Look for the Quickbooks icon on the screen and then right-click on it. Now, from the menu, click on the properties option.
- When done, you will have to choose the option for Open file location and then, a new menu will open on the screen. You will have to then delete the full address.
- Now, you will have to go to the Quickbooks folder and then right-click on it. Now, choose the properties option and a new prompt will open up.
- After this, you will have to tap on the security tab and then choose the edit option.
- Now, you will have to click on add option and then choose everyone. Save the changes by clicking on the OK button.
- Now, select the option to grant full access. Click on the Apply option and the window will close.
- Finally, restart your system and check if you are facing the error.
Method 3: Register the DLL file again
Now, the following recommended solution is to register DLL files with the help of the reboot.bat file. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to close the Quickbooks application on your system.
- Now, go to the Quickbooks icon and then right-click on it. from the menu, choose the properties option.
- When done, you will have to choose the option to open the file location, and then you need to look for the reboot.bat file.
- Open the folder in which the file is available and then choose to run the file as an admin.
- Now, the command prompt will open up on the screen. It will close on its own.
- When the process will complete, you will have to restart the device and then perform the task where you encountered the error.
Method 4: Disable UAC in Settings
The next method that you need to follow to resolve the Quickbooks “The file exists” error is to disable the UAC settings. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open Windows Settings on the system.
- After this, you will have to find the UAC option and then check if it is turned on.
- In case the option is enabled, you need to disable it.
- When done, save the changes made and restart the device.
Method 5: Fix Quickbooks Error Encountered When Printing Forms
This is the last method on the list. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to press the Windows key and R key together. In the run window, type control and then press the enter key.
- Now, the control panel will open on the screen. Choose the devices option and then you need to right-click on the printer causing issue. From the menu, choose the remove option.
- When done, you will have to terminate Quickbooks and then open the task manager on your system.
- Look for the Quickbooks processes and then right-click on the QBW32.exe process.
- Now, a confirmation prompt will appear on the screen, you need to choose the Yes option.
- After this, you need to visit the folder Cdrive\ program Dtaa\Intuit\Quickbooks
- In the folder, find QBPRINT.qbp file and then delete it. Finally, restart the system.
You can easily resolve the Quickbooks “ the file exists error” by following all the methods mentioned in the article. If you still face the issue, you can also take a technical expert. We hope that the article was helpful for you.